Well, sort of wish I hadn’t decided to comment on Michael Gerson’s latest column so close to quitting time. But it’s off my chest now, leaving some more items worthy of brief note:
* TNR’s Alec MacGillis achieves brilliant levels of snark in his take on the ignominous direction of Americans Elect. The art, with St. Thomas Friedman featured, is wonderful as well.
* At RCP, Cathy Young raises the disreputable banner of Naomi Schaefer Riley yet again. Is this really the best martyr you can find, folks?
* Boehner threatens another debt limit revolt if Democrats even dare to suggest letting Bush tax cuts expire.
* Sarah Posner says Obama reaping what he’s sown in backlash of some of his evangelical “advisors” against him for supporting same-sex marriage.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer explores the hazy rules of acceptability for commencement speakers at Catholic colleges–even within the state of Massachusetts.
And in non-political news:
Time to deal with other obligations. I’ll be back with a video at 5:00 AM PDT tomorrow morning.