Quite a day if you think extensive debate on multi-million dollar quasi-racist attack ads is important. I do, but here’s some other news:
* Sun-Times columnist has to resort to 86-year-old Newton Minow to find quote supporting her belief that Obama-Clinton ticket is happening. Oh brother.
* Scott Walker may be doing well in the poll numbers, but not so much in the job-creation numbers that are big issue in recall campaign.
* Shocker: Senate confirms two Obama nominees for Fed; jitters over JP Morgan disaster said to shake things loose.
* Interesting: Paul Ryan, responding no doubt to reports of a GOP plan to selectively affirm “popular” reforms if ObamaCare is struck down by Supremes, sez Republicans will simply offer a “vision,” not legislation.
* Barbara Ehrenreich details ways local governments are nickel-and-diming the poor.
And in non-political news:
* Gripping debate at CNN site on all-you-can-eat buffets: are they “an opportunity or a challenge?”
Could use a buffet right now, truth be told. But instead I’ll do laundry.
See you tomorrow.