Woke up this morning after dreaming it was Saturday. A very rude awakening. Here’s some mid-day news snacks:
*Assortment of Catholic dioceses and organizations sue Obama administration to invalidate contraception coverage mandate under First Amenment, opening a new front in the fight to frame insurance regulartion as unprecedented assault on “religious liberty.”
* Cheney to raise money for Romney. What? He’s not joining Mitt on the campaign trail?
* Politico interviews four pols felled by sex scandals; one discusses impact on his dating life.
* At Ten Miles Square, Sarah Binder reviews Obama’s recess appointments strategy.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer assesses one disgraced college president’s golden parachute.
And in non-political news:
* Bee Gees co-founder Robin Gibb dies of cancer at 62.
Back after a brief break.