I hope everyone’s long weekend (those whose employment status allowed for that) was more restful and anxiety-free than mine. But no one should have been greatly troubled by the need to sort through the news, which was ultra-lite on this holiday. Here are some crumbs from a very small table:
* Texas Senate primary is tomorrow, and long-time GOP front-runner David Dewhurst is responding to complaints he is a RINO by calling rivals Ted Cruz and Tom Leppert Liberal! Liberal! Liberal! in effort to get to 50%.
* Paul Krugman rips Chris Christie a new one for phony fiscal hawkery now that New Jersey budget shortfall out in the open.
* State of New York trying to sell off closed prison buildings to raise revenues.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Sides cites evidence that Obama might in fact be able to move African-American opinion on same-sex marriage–and other issues.
* Digby pays tribute to Veterans for Peace’s Arlington West at Santa Monica Beach commemorative.
* CNN’s Mike Mount provides brisk summary of conflicts going on around defense reauthorization bill.
And in non-political news:
* Sex Pistols re-release “God Save the Queen” after 35 years. Amazing thing is that UK still has the same Queen.
Hope you enjoy what’s left of the Holiday weekend.