This was a day when news s-l-o-w-l-y trickled out. Longest day, however, not until next week. Here are some final tidbits:
* Jesse Kelly, who lost to Gabby Giffords in 2010 and to Ron Barber on Tuesday, won’t run for Congress again in November. Too bad.
* RNC site devoted to Latino outreach features photo of kids who are–Asian.
* Two women in Michigan legislature banned by Republican leaders from making remarks on anti-abortion bill because referenes to “vasectomies” and “vaginas” deemed indecorous. Unbelievable.
* Marco Rubio generally adjudged to have outpandered Rob Portman at Faith & Freedom Coalition event.
* Lockheed Martin heightens pressure to void defense appropriations sequestrations by hinting at pre-election layoffs. Private-sector version of the old “firemen first” gambit?
And in non-political news:
* Sandusky witness says defendent called himself “the tickle monster.” Ugh.
It’s good to be back to full blogging speed. I’ll have more tomorrow about Obama’s Ohio speech–and all the talk and spin about it.