It’s always a challenge upon returning home from an unexpectedly long trip to determine which foodstuffs are edible, and which need to be thrown out. This is the process whereby I had a Pecan Log for breakfast. But here are some items from the news pantry:
* Never having watched Game of Thrones, I am unsure about the deeper significance of the decapitated-head-of-W. scene. But it will clearly occupy a permanent niche in the Liberal Media Bias Museum.
* Confessore totes up Adelson spending: $35 million and counting.
* Gallup reports Americans still assign more blame to Bush than Obama for economic problems. No wonder Obama still brings up his predecessor.
* Malkin and Williams slug it out on Hannity show.
* Scott Walker admits individual mandate might be necessary for state-based health reform. More about this later.
And in non-political news:
* $241 million Powerball ticket sold at Hy-Vee in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Back in a bit.