Something about my fatigue and hunger this morning reminds me of hearing a fellow law student one bleak and wintry day say just prior to a boring 8:00 a.m. class: “These hamburger and beer breakfasts have got to stop.” I didn’t go THAT far, but my granola-and-pizza combo platter came close. Anyway, here are some tidbits for your (presumably healthier) mid-day meal:
* Poppy celebrates 88th birthday, sounds less than jazzed about contemporary GOP politics.
* Politico offers preview of “Koch World Convention” in San Diego later this month. “Summit” doesn’t have official title; how’s about “Their Satanic Majesties Request?”
* Daily News offers brief ‘n’ breezy coverage of Obama fundraiser at SJP’s crib. No mention of a really large shoe closet.
* Connecticut cage match: Shays rips McMahon in GOP Senate debate for WWE’s “war on women.” Wouldn’t work down south, where they love their rasslin’.
* Off-message: McCain attacks Adelson political contributions as introducing “foreign money” to U.S. politics. I would guess other big donors have some offshore profits, too.
And in non-political news:
Ban removed from Scottish girl’s blog featuring photos of her school lunches after international outcry. Love this story.
Back after a brief break.