It’s been a beautiful blue-sky day here in central California–but another less-than-inspiring day of political news. Some final items follow:
* Scratch another name from the veep-list: Mitch Daniels to become president of Purdue University.
* Allen West doubles down on equation of “progressives” with “communists.” Not sure whether he’s following the Bircher or the Beckite train on this one–or both.
* Pakistani Supreme Court “dismisses” prime minister and effectively fires his cabinet. Not good a good place for a major constitutional crisis.
* Pew reports Asians eclipsing Hispanics as largest group of newly arriving immigrants.
* Bob Bauer (a.k.a., the president’s lawyer) asks FEC to compel Rove’s Crossroads GPS to disclose donors.
And in non-political news:
* Mike Tyson takes his one-man-show to Broadway.
Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice–the longest day of the year. Hope it’s not the longest day in terms of paucity of news. Indeed, some good news would be refreshing.