Lost this post in wake of rare iMac problem (probably operator error). Here are some lite mid-day news snacks:
* Other shoe drops as Commerce Secretary John Bryson resigns.
* E.J. Dionne demolishes California-as-Greece meme.
* At TNR Kevin Carey reports drop in U.S. News rankings (ugh!) fed panicky firing of UVa’s Sullivan.
* Slate‘s Matt Taylor mulls possibility that Paulites could force Veep floor-flight at GOP convention.
* PPI’s Diana Carew argues “hollowing out of mid-level jobs” central to student debt crisis.
And in non-political news:
Sports Illustrated offers nifty gallery of 12 greatest knuckleball pitchers. I admit a weakness for the pitch they used to call “Le Papillon” in Montreal.
Back after a reboot.