Nearly lunch-time even here in Cali, and I’ve only violated my new diet twice. Anyway, here are some news nuggets:
* Congress-critters mulling delay of so-called “fiscal cliff” issues–including Bush tax cuts and “automatic” sequesters–until March 2013.
* Nate Silver very thoroughly examines controversy over poli-sci models for predicting elections.
* Alabamans debating impact of Supreme decision on their own S.B.-1070-on-steroids immigration law.
* Greg Sargent reports Romney campaign ignores Terry Branstad’s complaints, runs ad saying Iowa economy in bad shape.
* Condi Rice rules out Veep run. Wasn’t happening anyway, given Mitt’s “make mine vanilla” running-mate preferences.
And in formerly political news:
* Rielle Hunter discloses she & baby-daddy John Edwards “not a couple.”
Back in just a few.