Another Monday spent in dangerous proximity to unhealthy leftovers from social event (Brunswick Stew, in this case). Fortunately, unlike some readers, I have power, and can freeze the tastiness until much later.
Here are some news bites:
* FT’s Munchau agrees with Krugman that Merkel actually prevailed at EU summit.
* Mitch McConnell doesn’t want to talk about the uninsured. As always, he’s such a nice guy.
* New Threat to Americas discerned by conservatives: Venezuela-Iran axis.
* Anderson Cooper casually comes out in letter to Andrew Sullivan. Not exactly big secret, but welcome nonetheless.
* Insanely hot weather mulled as possible factor in Texas GOP Senate runoff. What? Will Ted Cruz credit turnout-driven victory to carbon emissions?
And in non-political news:
* From frying pan to fire: Erin Andrews defects from ESPN to Fox Sports.
Back in a few.