These mid-week holidays make a big dent in news cycles and attention spans. But there are a few odds and ends to pass along:
* Long-time buddy of Sen. Marco Rubio, Rep. David Rivera, blasts Romney for silence on immigration, threatens to take a dive in November. And people wondered why Romney-Rubio wasn’t a no-brainer.
* Salon’s Paul Campos cites source claiming Chief Justice wrote both the majority opinion and much of the dissent in ACA case.
* SCOTUSblog’s Lyle Denniston suggests insider stories on ACA decision will effect future Court deliberations whether they are true or false.
* At Ten Miles Square, Joshua Tucker passes along detailed analysis of Mexican president election.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports new research findings suggesting for-profit higher ed institutions add little or no value to graduates’ job prospects.
And in non-political news:
* Reds’ minor-leaguer has 100 stolen bases in 78 games.
We’ll be on the usual Lite Holiday Blogging Schedule tomorrow, unless big craziness breaks out. Have a happy and grateful 4th.