If today felt like Monday to you, tomorrow will be a nice surprise. Here are some news leftovers from here and there:
* The Guardian‘s Stuart Jeffries has a thorough report on the slender but real revival of Marxism in this latest crisis of capitalism. No, I mean the real kind, not the imaginary “Obama” kind.
* Blue Girl hilariously notes effort in Alabama to describe a cross-burning as a “cross-lighting.” Looks like there is a racist version of Frank Luntz down there.
* Support spreads in California for an “anti-Arizona” immigration bill that would protect the undocumented from federal prosecutions.
* Rand Paul compares majority opinion in ACA case to later-overturned segregation decisions. Wouldn’t go there if I were you, Rand.
* Wonkblog’s Sarah Kliff offers chart showing state-by-state exposure of people to uninsured status if states turn down Medicaid expansion.
And in non-political news:
* A valiant effort to explain the Higgs Boson to us non-scientists.
So I’m off to a stress test, but will be wide-awake tomorrow, hitting the refresh button on the BLS site, for tomorrow’s June Jobs Report.