Mulling USDA guidelines to see if leftover Brunswick Stew in the fridge might kill me. But here are some unspoiled news treats for you:
* Dueling polls in Texas show Ted Cruz moving up on or ahead of David Dewhurst for the July 31 GOP Senate runoff. A Cruz win would be another big pelt for the Right.
* Politico reports Romney campaign’s response to Globe report that he was CEO and sole owner of Bain Capital until 2002: “It’s just a technicality.” Uh, OK.
* Long AP story says T-Paw’s dullness could make him ideal Romney running-mate.
* Fox tries out new Randian slogan via historian Arthur Herman: America gripped in “civil war” between “makers and takers.”
* NBC and Microsoft to “divorce;” MSNBC.com site will be renamed NBCNews.com, but MSNBC cable channel will retain current name. Confused? I am.
And in non-political news:
* Report suggests Tom Cruise was recruited into Church of Scientology by first wife Mimi Rogers.
Back in just a while.