Plenty to talk about today for a change. And there’s more:
* Another GSA scandal unearthed by IG. This time, the sound bite is going to be about $20,000 spent for drumsticks–not chicken, mind you, but the real thing–for a “drum band exercise” at an awards ceremony. Clearly that’s a reason to slash Medicaid benefits.
* ThinkProgress has a handy-dandy list of 23 brands to avoid if you don’t want to find yourself subsidizing right-wing political causes.
* This year’s anti-choice pet rock, a “fetal pain” ban on abortions prior to 20 weeks after conception, adopted by House committee for D.C. Won’t be enacted, but RTLers enjoy the practice.
* Time’s Michael Grunwald explains Solyndra history, and denounces “cauldron of stupidity” that’s turned it into a “scandal” that Mitt Romney can’t talk about too much.
* TPM’s Nick Martin has a fine old time wallowing in the birther madness of Joe Arpaio.
And in non-political news:
* Small German town discovers chit for 450-year-old loan to city of Berlin, now worth trillions.
That’s a wrap, folks. See you tomorrow.