Well, there’s no perfect time zone for the news-cycle blogger. West Coast: you have to get up long before dawn. East Coast: you make business appointments based on your West Coast schedule. But got the usual number of posts in, and I’m back in time to sign off for the day with these news leftovers:
* Mike Huckabee “incensed” at criticism of Chick-Fil-A for anti-gay policies and donations. I’m also guessing he likes fried chicken sandwiches.
* Don’t look now, but PPP out with an Iowa 2016 poll. HRC has huge lead among Dems if she chooses to run; the aforementioned Huck and Rick Santorum lead GOPers.
* Polling headline from The Hill: “Voters blame Obama most for economy.” “Most” equals 34%.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer suggests it’s time to admit online learning is and will likely remain inferior to the “live” variety.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael O’Hare shreds the gun lobby’s rationalizations about the Aurora massacre.
And in non-political news:
* Space pioneer Sally Ride dies at 61 of pancreatic cancer.
That’s it for today, but Tuesdays usually provide more news, so meet you back here bright and early.