A Georgia morning spent cowering from the recently unfamiliar heat has left me a bit behind the curve, but here are some news treats from the freezer where I am cooling my head:
* Reuters reports Barry Diller’s IAC in control of NewsBeast combine as Harman family role declines.
* WaPo’s Cillizza reports that 80% of GOP general election ad spending (or $144 million) has come from Super-PACs.
* Per TPM’s Sahil Kapur, Rick Perry’s foot-dragging on health insurance rate increases could lead to federal takeover of rate reviews in Texas.
* CNN offers quick slideshow overview of economic conditions in seven election battleground states.
* House poised to pass expanded offshore drilling bill that is certain to die in Senate and faces presidential veto in any event.
And in non-political news:
* Chad Ochocinco officially becomes Chad Johnson again.
Back within the hour.