Glad to be back where pimiento cheese (or “‘menner cheese,” as it’s pronounced locally) is not a gourmet item. Here are some mid-day news munchies to go with that sandwich:
* On eve of Olympics, Brits get bad second quarter GDP numbers.
* Q-Pac survey shows New Yorkers loving Cuomo as governor, but greatly preferring HRC for president.
* Obama aggressively defending Planned Parenthood on campaign trail. Slight departure from past national Dem evasions on “social issues.”
* Good TPM backgrounder on anti-Muslim zealot Frank Gaffney’s influence with Michele Bachmann.
* TNR’s Nate Cohn takes closer look at Obama’s surprising strength in North Carolina.
And in non-political news:
* Want to read about someone with an uphill challenge? Try Bill O’Brien’s efforts to keep Penn State football players from leaving town.
Back after a chore or two.