Thank God for the WSJ paywall, which prevented me from a masochistic reading of Peggy Noonan’s deep thought about Aurora. Anyway, here as some midday news bites:
* GOPers cite Q2 GDP numbers as sign of gloom, doom and disaster; Dow rises to over 1,300.
* Even Karl Rove says Romney screwing up visit to U.K.
* Krauthammer tries to reboot Mitt’s overseas trip.
* TPM’s Brian Beutler argues that Democratic unity and resolve on tax issues is why the Senate vote earlier this week matters.
* Yglesias documents split between rising business investment, declining public investment.
And in non-political news:
* Mark Zuckerberg’s stake in Facebook drops to under $12 billion. I think he’ll scrape by.
Back by the top of the hour.