Perhaps it’s just a hangover from being Down South for 10 days, but I’m experiencing a powerful craving for bad-for-you food. Fortunately, there are no Chick-fil-A’s in the vicinity, but In-N-Out is just 20 miles away. While I think about that, here are some midday news snacks of varying nutritional value:
* BuzzFeed’s John Ellis provides classic conservative spin on presidential contest: white folks want to elect Romney, but Obama’s “chemical warfare” barrage of negative ads may “suppress” white turnout. Get used to hearing that.
* Whilst we are discussing conservative agitprop, and speaking of “chemical warfare,” approach this Nonie Darwish screed on the inherently evil Muslims with fire tongs. Makes Tennessee Republicans look downright tolerant.
* Interesting: Obama needs economy to gain 316k jobs by November 6 (three jobs reports away) to claim net job gains for entire presidency.
* RCP’s Sean Trende, who remains my favorite conservative numbers-cruncher, has interesting discussion of disparities between national and state polls.
* Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant executes classic praise-with-faint-damn in deeming refusal of Baptist church to allow wedding of black couple “unfortunate.” To make it clear he hasn’t gone squishy, Bryant goes on to gratuitously condemn same-sex marriage.
And in non-political news:
* Olympics not exactly turning out to be big tourist boom for London–au contraire.
Back after a short moonlighting break.