So Todd Akin Day draws to a close, but not without more noise and confusion:
* Possible replacements include John Ashcroft. Yikes!
* Obama directly calls out Romney on lies in welfare ad.
* At Ten Miles Square, Mark Kleiman notes “rape doesn’t cause pregnancy” myth no crazier than many others embraced by key conservative constituencies.
* Daily Caller touts random Cook County poll as showing Obama in trouble in Illinois. Hey, Akin-watchers, look over here, look over here, Obama losing everywhere!
And in non-political news:
* Pioneering comedian Phyllis Diller dies at 95.
I’m going to watch last night’s Breaking Bad, then get on to moonlighting work!