My wife and I are expecting a passle of weekend guests tonight, so the house is stuffed with food I’m not allowed to touch. But there is a reasonably good bounty of news treats:
* Bernanke drops big hints further round of “quantitative easing” in works for September. About damn time.
* Fox cancels on-air appearances by Palin at Convention, apparently to get her attention about Facebook outbursts. She promptly complains on Facebook.
* Breitbart’s John Nolte pitches falling-on-floor-kicking-screaming temper tantrum about Liberal Media mockery of Clint.
* Wonkblog’s Sarah Kliff examines long history of pols debating empty chairs. But no one did it quite like Clint.
* TAP’s Jamelle Bouie suggests Romney’s real goal last night was to present himself as a “generic Republican.” You know, the kind that beats Obama in polls.
And in non-political news:
* In college football season debuts, two “offensive geniuses” get different results: Spurrier escapes upset helped by muffed referee call; Leach has to walk plank at BYU.
Back after some more chores. If you get bored, make sure you’ve read the Sneak Preview of the College Rankings Issue of the Washington Monthly.