* Introductory video brings Big Dog and Michelle Obama back!
* Brief but interesting clip of Tea Party protesters against Obamacare.
* In case people just tuning in for broadcast Prime Time, Biden reprises account of Obama on bin Laden operation for the video.
* Took me a minute, but finally recognized George Clooney as video narrator. A little steadier than Clint.
10:23 BARACK OBAMA ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
* Two pretty good hugs for Michelle. She’s earned ’em.
* Every delegate has flag and “Forward” sign.
* Obama daughters finally in the hall. Hard to believe Malia’s in high school.
* Interesting riff on “hope” as faith through struggle, not happy-talk.
* Nice mockery on ads, truth being buried by “avalanche of money.”
* As clear a “two futures” framing as I’ve ever heard.
* “Take two tax cuts, roll back some regulations, and call us in the morning.” Very effective exposure of GOP one-size-fits-all agenda.
* So there’s the announcement of the “goals” for the second term.
* A million new manufacturing jobs, that’s one. Cut oil imports by half (by 2020), that’s another.
* Good quick shot at Big Oil.
* Nice simple connection of climate change to weather change.
* Student loans decent example of past accomplishment and future distinction between two parties.
* 100k math and science teachers w/in ten years; 2 million workers getting training at community colleges; cut tuition increases in half. The “goals” agenda emerging rather episodically.
* Generic foreign policy stuff, then rap at “Cold War Mind Warp.” Nice shot at Olympic gaffes.
* Return of the “peace dividend.”
* Bargain “based on principles of my bipartisan commission.” That’s a walk on the wild side near Simpson-Bowles, but not the kind of embrace that will upset that many progressives.
* Lines in sand on vouchers and SocSec adds some more assurances for those worried about excessive spending cuts.
* Tantalizing use of “entitlement” to mean “privilege.” Should have hit that harder.
* Good brief shot at conservative scapegoating.
* My wife predicts “you built that” coming soon.
* “You did that” pretty close.
* Clear challenge to base: don’t let Super-PACs or monitors of your sex life keep you from voting.
* Re-framing of “hope” clearly big objective of this speech. Identification of Obama’s struggles with struggles of country may be ultimate objective. Yeah, close makes that even clearer. “I never promised you a rose garden” could be musical accompaniment.”
* Classic example of surfing cheers at end.