* Krugman supplies definitive smackdown of BLS truthers. Link and send to friends and family circulating crazy emails on this crazy meme.
* Whoa! Latest Gallup tracking poll shows Obama back up to five-point lead (50-45) after Sunday data added to seven-day rolling average. One straw in wind suggesting that Romney debate bounce subsiding.
* Separately, Gallup reports Obama job approval rating back up to 51%.
* Hugo Chavez wins another 6-year term with 54% of vote (his lowest); turnout very high.
* TNR’s Nate Cohn examines overall Team Romney and Team Obama fundraising, says GOP advantage small or even non-existent.
And in non-political news:
* LDS church announces lowered age for missions, with goal to increase missionary ranks and also strengthen bonds with teenagers.
Back after a minor-holiday break.