* Onto economy now, and Biden hitting narly every single point Obama faulted for failing to make against Romney–inherited mess, auto bailout, 47%, Ryan’s “takers” comments, etc., etc.
* Ryan goes from macro to micro: Scranton unemployment! Now counter-spin on September jobs report. And then: the five-point plan! CNN dial reaction from focus group loves five-point plan. Sad.
* Ryan uses Biden gaffe rep to dismiss 47%. Gets big laugh.
* First reference in debates to Republican obstruction in Congress. “Get out of the way” good line.
* Really hard to assess back-and-forth between Biden and Ryan on stimulus. Biden definitely not being passive, but Ryan’s responding quickly.
* Ah, entitlements! Ryan takes 20 seconds to mention his mother re Medicare. Focus group buying generational argument. Now Ryan sticking chin out on Medicare “cuts” and IPAB. But first goes on offensive on own plan, and CNN focus group likes it.
* Biden does standard defense of administration on Medicare. Then goes into voucher attack, and (thank God!) mentions Ryan’s SocSec privatization proposals.
* Worm turning as Biden interrupts Ryan to refute “bipartisanship” claims about his Medicare proposal.
* Raddatz ties Ryan back to Bush on SocSec.
* Biden plays “who do you trust” card tying Romney and Ryan to his party’s lack of credibility on entitlements.