I’m en route to the Atlanta airport to head back to California, but to the extent allowed by the suspension of the car I am in, here are some mid-day bites of news and views:
* French conservative party splits in a real post-electioin “struggle for the soul.”
* ORC survey shows majority unhappy with administration handling of Benghazi, but not buying any conspiracy theories.
* “The Next Mitt Romney”–that’s one wingnut’s derisive comment about Jeb Bush.
* California’s Humboldt State University creating academic institute for study of issues related to marijuana.
* Nate Silver points out that proposal to create new non-marginal top tax rate will create dangerous “bubble” among taxpayers.
And in non-political news:
* Baseball union pioneer Marvin Miller dies at 95.
Back to blogging after I get through security.