It’s a stormy afternoon here on the Central Coast, which is fine blogging weather. And there’s even a bit more out there to blog about than has been the case recently. Here are some mid-day morsels:
* A techie analysis of how Syria turned off the Internet.
* Steve King’s big contribution to debate on GOP’s appeal to Latinos: forget about ’em.
* Newt Gingrich attributes his over-confidence about the 2012 general election to excessive reliance on “historical models.” Ah, yes, the ever-empirical Newt!
* CBS poll shows support for legalized pot has reached all-time high (47% for, 47% against).
* Huntsman tells GOPers to deemphasize “fringe” social issues, chill on Benghazi. Also says he’d accept appointment as Obama’s Secretary of State. Please, nooooo.
And in non-political news:
* McDonald’s to boost dollar menu offerings, but franchisees rebel against 69-cent burger.
Back after a chore break.