I’m still recovering from Saturday’s SEC championship football game, and its insanely frustrating ending. But it did mean not having to find the money or time to be in Miami, Florida on January 7. So it’s back to politics, and these mid-day news nuggets:
* Look like DWS will get to stay on as DNC chair, per Obama (via Mike Allen).
* At WaPo, Jamelle Bouie endorses Angus King’s idea of linking big deficit reduction measures to a growth “trigger.”
* Also at WaPo, Peter Wallsten reports that brave Norquist-basher Saxby Chambliss is privately sucking up to Grover.
* At Daily Beast, Allison Samuels mulls next moves for Michelle Obama.
* AP story assesses cross-pressures on Obama as he weighs final Keystone XL decision.
And in non-political news:
* Even as we talk politics, big segment of global media focused strictly on Royal Pregnancy.
Back in a bit to regular blogging.