Political news Between the Holidays continues to follow a pattern of brief bursts followed by crickets. But here’s what we have for the end of the day:
* Dick Armey quits FreedomWorks in an apparent huff, but those who know exactly why ain’t talking so far.
* Louisiana Republican congressman’s Shreveport Subway shop allegedly denied service to couple after they admitted they were Muslims.
* NRDC lays out aggressive strategy for using Clean Air Act powers to greatly reduce carbon emissions from power plants.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys reports evidence that primary care at community health centers serving low-income Americans is actually superior to that of private-practice doctors.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses turmoil over proposed pay raise for new chancellor of UC Berkeley.
And in non-political news:
* McRib is back on December 17!
I’m off to Home Depot rather than a watering hole (it’s only 2:45 here in Cali, of course), but it’s Happy Hour for some of you.