Since I linked to it earlier today, I should probably express my thanks for Digby’s very kind remarks about me in a post over the weekend. I’ll try to live up to them.
Here are some mid-day news-and-views treats:
* Robert Costa of NRO has the lowdown on the threat by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) to challenge Boehner for Speaker if he “betrays” conservatives in fiscal talks.
* Nothing new, but Battleground poll shows 60% of Americans favoring higher taxes on taxable income over $250k, and 63% favoring higher taxes on “large corporations,” as deficit reduction measures.
* Rick Synder to meet with President Obama, and also congressional Democrats from Michigan, today as massive protests against final passage of right-to-work legislation continue to build.
* The Atlantic‘s Robert Wright latest to ask the question: why are we worried about sequestration of Pentagon funds?
* Peter Beinart critiques the Obama administration’s apparent hands-off strategy towards Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
And in non-political news:
* In the “ridiculous plot development” versus “great romance” debate over Homeland, I’m moving decisively into the former camp.
Back in a few.