Belated thanks to Kathleen, Ryan and Sam for covering PA during the last week-and-a-half. I’l be back to the regular schedule the day after Xmas, and will try to make some cogent year-end observations. But here are some near-holiday news bites:
* Sen. Mike Crapo (R-ID) popped for a DUI in Virginia after running a red light and failing “several” field sobriety tests.
* Tagg Romney says his dad had very little interest in becoming President of the United States. Guess that’s why he spent close to six years running for the gig, eh?
* Backlash to Hagel gaining steam.
* New WaPo/ABC poll shows drop in optimism–but turns out most of the drop in confidence is among Republicans.
And in non-political news:
* The Hobbit leading pre-Xmas box office receipts.
Back after a few frantic Christmas Eve chores.