If you are currently getting an “error” of “access forbidden” message when you try to access this page or the comment thread, please just refresh the page until it goes away (it will, usually immediately). I’m having the same problem, and a few readers have reported it as well. The techies are working on it, so bear with us.
Meanwhile, here are some midday morsels of possible interest:
* Seventh Circuit dismisses challenge to president’s recess appointments for lack of standing; there’s another suit before the DC Circuit.
* E.J. Dionne notes GOP derangement on health care policy makes negotiations on other fiscal issues virtually impossible.
* Log Cabin Republicans release ad attacking possibility of Hagel appointment as Secretary of State.
* As expected, Lisa Jackson announces decision to leave her position as EPA administrator.
* At WaPo, Jonathan Bernstein argues that Republican hypocrisy on spending cuts is even bigger problem than Tea Party pressure or general opposition to bipartisanship.
And in non-political news:
* Dell Computers founder Michael Dell on list of CEOs most likely to be fired in 2013.
Back after a chore break.