Got several longer posts out of the way, w/ more to come, I fear. Here are some mid-day news treats:
* At TAP, Jamelle Bouie looks at promising new BLS data on jobless claims.
* ThinkProgress has rundown of conservative pols calling for Obama’s impeachment over gun issue.
* Voteview‘s analysis of votes in 112th Congress shows continuation of “asymmetric polarization.”
* Dep. National Security Advisor Denis McDonough reportedly slated to become White House Chief of Staff.
* On Times‘ op-ed page, former conservative Australian prime minister John Howard offers advice to Obama on how to enact new gun laws. But–but–American exceptionalism!
And in non-political news:
Back after dealing with some household repairs.