Still getting angry every time I think about Rick Perry and his attempted “raid” of Californians. It reminds me of watching him during his presidential campaign strut around various Tea Party stages bellowing incoherent rage before his incoherence finally brought him down.
Anyway, here are some mid-day items of interest to your news palate:
* Jeff Chu offers a fascinating profile of a woman who has left her family–and the Westboro Baptist Church.
* Politico’s Jake Sherman analyzes House GOP confusion over the defense sequester.
* WaPo’s Greg Sargent reportsSenate Dems willing to offer up some domestic spending cuts (unclear where) to make a sequester-avoidance deal.
* Weigel reportsnew poll showing three-fourths of Americans (including two-thirds of Democrates) okay with drone warfare, but less than a fourth okay with using them on American citizens overseas. What I was sayin.’
* Yglesias notes USAirways/American merger near, and approves.
And in non-political news:
* Winter storm heading towards northeast could be “historic”–and not in a good way.
Back after some foraging for lunch.