Profound regrets for the website issues we’ve had today. Believe me, no one is more frustrated than I am (for one thing, I’m having to recreate this post having lost it during one of the crashes). I have been assured a permanent fix is within sight. Please bear with us.
In the meantime, here are some warmed-over lunchtime goodies:
* A Des Moines Register poll shows Ag Secretary Tom Vilsack as the only Iowa pol with majority support to run for the Senate (not that he’s shown any indication of candidacy).
* A Quinnipiac poll the latest to show HRC as America’s most popular politician, with a 64/31 approval ratio.
* Jesse Jackson, Jr., signs plea deal that will give judge power to decide if he does time.
* Krugman responds to Boenher’s complaint about “can being kicked down road” on spending by profoundly hoping it continues to be kicked for the sake of the economy.
* Ricks gives 50/50 odds Hagel withdraws from Pentagon nomination. Ouch.
And in non-political news:
* Metro DC again wins top prize for traffic congestion, with LA, SF, NY and Boston rounding out top five.
Back when website stability allows.