Just realized that Monday is a federal holiday. That means Lite Blogging for me, and probably not much to blog about–but I’ll be right here, semi-alert.
Here are some mid-day news treats:
* Unsurprising news from Iowa: Ag Secretary Tom Vilsack will not run for Harkin seat in 2014. Grassley seat in 2016 might be another matter, I suspect.
* Herman Cain shows Sarah Palin why an unsuccessful presidential campaign better than none at all: Fox hires Cain as “commentator;” don’t know if that has any impact on his successor-to-Neal-Boortz syndicated radio show.
* Politico‘s Raju suggests Ted Cruz’s aggressive abrasiveness will make him unpopular in Senate. I’m sure the fear of unpopularity has Cruz shaking in his boots.
* Commentary‘s Jonathan Tobin stamps foot, demands Jewish Dems abandon Hagel. I’m sure they are shaking in their boots as well.
* Cuccinelli attacks non-existent Republican “pivot” to the center. Seems his big attack-line on The Macker will be that he’s a “deal-maker.” Horrors!
And in non-political news:
* Ten-ton meteor explodes over Russia. Conspiracy fans and premillenialists will have great fun with this one.
Back after some weekend prep.