Kinda got wrapped up researching past presidential primary elections and got behind schedule. Here are some final news/views items of the day:
* Italian elections produce Euro-shaking, global market-bumming gridlock, and pivotal role for anti-politician (and comedian! and blogger!) Beppe Grillo.
* WaPo’s Greg Sargent reports electoral-vote-rigging schemes alive not only in Pennsylvania, but also in Michigan. Time to get out the wooden stakes.
* At TAP, Dean Baker makes the definitive brief case for ignoring budget deficits until the economy fully recovers.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket offers reality check to one of House of Cards‘ dramatic congressional scenarios.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports rare good news on education front: high school graduation rates on track to hit 90% by 2020.
And in non-political news:
* Well, never heard this at one of those NGA meetings I attended for years: Dr. Oz tells governors to have sex at least twice a week. Stow that away in your damage control files, gubernatorial staffers!
To close the day, here are The Pretty Things performing “Sickle Clowns” in 1971. Straight-up rock/blues, and no mimes!