Small housekeeping note: after months of negligence, I am again regularly updating the “Best of Political Animal” feature on the site. So those looking for golden oldies can profitably look first there before searching the monthly archives.
Here are some mid-day items fresh from the dubious kitchens of Our Nation’s Capital and elsewhere:
* As Paul predicted in an earlier post, Senate breaks Hagel filibuster by 71-27 vote. We don’t have breakdown yet of which Republicans switched.
* Lew confirmation clears Senate Finance Committee, with 4 Republicans joining all 14 Democrats voting “yea.”
* Kerry tells German students that in U.S. “you have the right to be stupid.” That’s exactly how Obama should have dealt with Innocence of Muslims video.
* TPM’s Shahil Kapur reports Florida GOP legislators may yet derail Medicaid expansion.
* Bernanke warns sequester will slow economy, reinforcing White House line.
And in non-political news:
* Fun slideshow of nine worst corporate names for sports venues, featuring such roll-off-the-tongue monnikers as Louisville’s KFC Yum! Center.
Back after a food break of my own. Yum!