Today’s political news slowed to a crawl, but then there was this:
* Hugo Chavez dies in Caracas at 58.
Here are some other remainders of the day:
* It’s election day in L.A.; here’s a preview of the mayor’s contest, which will almost certainly go to a runoff.
* Cillizza discusses need for a “Sister Souljah Moment” in the GOP, and notes it matters a great deal who provides it.
* At Ten Miles Square, Austin Frakt reports research on corporate “wellness” programs doesn’t indicate significant cost savings.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues against proposition that college or college loan costs represent a “bubble.”
To close the day, here’s Rick Wakeman again with another cut from Six Wives of Henry VIII, “Anne Boleyn,” performed in 1993.