Wondered why I was feeling cranky today (other than having to deal with the release of another Ryan Budget!), and my wife notified me I had missed Monday’s National Napping Day! When I get done with blogging, it may be time to hang with the Sandman.
Here are some final items of the day:
* Ashley Judd telling her friends she is definitely running for the Senate.
* New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, abandoning one of the two policy positions (the other being her support for Medicaid expansion) that I liked about her, signals she’ll sign bill boosting the state’s already lavish film/TV subsidies. I love Breaking Bad, but this is getting ridiculous.
* New PPP poll of PA shows Gov. Tom Corbett’s popularity cratering in a big way.
* At Ten Miles Square, Aaron Carroll notes these we’ll-expand-Medicaid-if-we-can-privatize-it deals are going to cost taxpayers a lot of money, which kinda puts a dent in the GOP’s claims of fiscal responsibility.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports growing backlash against creationist textbooks among evangelical homeschooling families.
And in non-political news:
* Looks like Twinkies could be back on the shelves by this summer.
To end the day, here’s another rare Delaney & Bonnie video, a performance of “Good Thing” from 1972, not long before they got divorced and broke up the band.