Actual news slowed down after commentariat wore itself out on Priebus report, Obama-as-Satan, and Cypriot banks. But here are some remains of the day:
* Petition demanding apology for CNN’s coverage of the Steubenville rape case gains momentum.
* Dominican police say women paid to make false prostitution allegations against Sen. Bob Menendez include those depicted in original Daily Caller “expose.”
* Acting Commerce Secretary Rebecca Blank to leave Washington for academic post in Wisconsin.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket challenges the idea (shared by yours truly among many others) that ideology had much to do with Democratic problems in the 1980s, or with Republican problems today.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses the question of what to do with existing standardized tests while we await the new state-of-the-art batch soon to hit schools near you.
And in non-political news:
* David Bowie’s new album his first to top U.K. charts in 20 years. Running second right now is an offering from Bon Jovi.
That’s it for another Monday. Here again to close the day is Southern Culture on the Skids performing “Shotgun” in Seattle in 2009.