It’s very timely that SCOTUSblog just given Peabody Award for excellence in electronic media (first blog so honored).
Here are some final items of the day:
* At Slate Fred Kaplan brings us up to date on David Petraeus’ comeback.
* Hang onto your hats: President plans another dinner with Republican senators next month.
* McDonnell signs photo ID law to take effect in Virginia before 2014 elections.
* Tucson “conservatives” announce plan to distribute shotguns and ammo to solid citizens in high-crime areas. Love that law and order!
* At Ten Miles Square, Matthew Kahn reports on “Plan B” for 2014 Winter Olympics if climate change turns everything to slush.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer interviews UTEP president on best way to measure educational progress for low-income students.
And in non-political news:
* Energy drinks beginning to seriously challenge soda giants.
This morning’s Daylight Video stars, the Hombres, were actually an ephemeral offshoot of the southern beach music icons, Ronnie & the Daytonas (who happen to have been the first band I ever saw in concert, opening for Chad & Jeremy in LaGrange, Georgia in 1965). Here’s Ronnie’s big 1964 hit, in the great American idiom of singing about your car: “Little G.T.O.”