So I’m a bit groggy after staying up to watch the two-hour season premiere of Mad Men, which (mild spoiler alert!) could probably be summed up with these famous images:
Now here are some mid-day potluck offerings:
* In a brief interruption of coverage of the Hillary ’16 euphoria, reporters force Chelsea Clinton to “leave the door open” to a future political run.
* Orszag argues chained CPI not so different from regular CPI as generally assumed–which, of course, diminishes its value as a deficit-reduction cure-all.
* Former prodigy speechwriter Jon Favreau debuts as a columnist with Daily Beast piece on sequestration.
* Dave Weigel has a good brief compilation of anti-Thatcher British pop music.
* Fine TAP piece from 2005 about disastrous impact of Thatcher’s old-age pension “reforms.”
* New study shows reporting on a woman’s physical appearance, negative or positive, reduces her electability as political candidate.
And in non-political news:
Back in under an hour.