After glancing at a couple more articles about us liberal scribblers conspiring to defend baby-killers in our larger effort to destroy Christianity, I’m finishing up just in time to help my wife bake cookies for a church fundraiser, at which we will be spending a good part of the weekend. Go figure.
Here are some remainders from a lively day and week:
* In the “it’s not from The Onion, really” file: U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman tweets: “Our campaign’s bumper sticker: If babies had guns, they wouldn’t be aborted.”
* Jon Chait suggests Rand Paul reflects Republican myopia about reasons for Democratic voting habits of African-Americans. They really live in a house without mirrors.
* But via Dave Weigel, African-American Republican convert Artur Davis does come right out and say Rand Paul handled civil rights history poorly.
* At Ten Miles Square, Max Ehrenfreund argues convincingly that if the NRA really wants better enforcement of exisiting laws, it might want to stop fighting to hamstring ATF.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports that job placement problem for law schools–even elite law schools–worse than previously thought.
And in non-political news:
* Masters golf tournament into Day Two, and media getting what it wants as Tiger Woods tied for lead (as of this writing).
Okay, I’m out. Samuel Knight will be handling Weekend Blogging. To end the day and week, here’s another classic Civil War song: The Weavers performing “Battle Cry of Freedom.”