When you start the week with little or no actual news but plenty of snarling, it kinda makes you want a nature break. I’m thinking about heading to the Monterey Bay to watch the baby seals.
Here are some mid-day news/views bites with varying levels of crispiness:
* Glenn Beck still flogging “Saudi National” angle on Boston bombings.
* The Atlantic‘s Conor Friedersdorf argues second wind for GWOT hawks shouldn’t obscure fact that their prescriptions have all pretty much proved to be disastrous.
* Sequestration furloughs beginning to kick in: viz. fact that 80% of OMB staffers out today.
* At TNR, Jeffrey Rosen deplores Obama administration’s past and present undermining of Miranda protections.
* Senate immigration hearing off to fine start as Schumer and Grassey get into shouting match over relevance of Boston bombings.
And in non-political news:
* Sporting News rates Ryan Leaf biggest NFL Draft bust of them all.
Back after my baby seal break.