What a fine day of noise and hysteria! Watching Republicans deal with today’s “stories” was like watching a python try to devour two alligators at once. Here are the final items du jour:
* Here we go: House Ways & Means Committee schedules first hearing on IRS “targeting” of non-profit political groups for this Friday.
* Kermit Gosnell convicted of first-degree murder. In celebration, Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) goes into wild hate-rant claiming “Democrats worship abortion with the same fervor the Canaanites worshipped Molech.”
* Obama uses one of my favorite expressions, saying “there’s no there there” with respect to the latest Benghazi! claims.
* At Ten Miles Square, Erik Voeten critiques Jason Richwine’s “shoddy work” on race, immigration and IQ.
* At College Guide, Richard Vedder explores the wild disparities in compensation for college presidents.
And in non-political news:
* LAX-JFK flight makes emergency landing in KC to disembark passenger who refused to stop singing Whitney Houston songs.
So that’s it for today. To change the mood a bit, here again is The VLA performing “So Romantic.” I half-expected them to end the song by muttering “Little lamb….”