Used to be a time when ending work on Friday night meant something more exciting than a nap. But I’m trying to “live in the present,” so I’ll be snoozing soon.
Here are some final items of a herky-jerky day:
* One of the worst “news” articles I’ve seen this year: Daily Caller claims DHS persecuting conservatives but protecting Shariah Law advocates. Looks like something out of a Gingrich ’12 campaign flier.
* If you missed it, check out New York Times piece on insurance shenanigans that helped give Bayonne Medical Center the highest medical procedure prices of any hospital in America.
* Elizabeth Warren blasts House Committee action approving rollback of regulations governing derivatives.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Sides discusses research showing majority of “civil unions” supporters now conservatives, which is a big change from a decade ago.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer examines the unhappy Chilean precedent for privatized education.
And in non-political news:
* In case you want to run for the border on the way to work, Taco Bell is testing a breakfast menu including, of course, a waffle taco.
So that’s it for the day. Kathleen Geier will be back in for weekend blogging. Let’s close shop with another fine Curtis Mayfield performance: “Keep On Keeping On,” from 1972.