Some readers may be wondering why I haven’t posted about the new College National Republican Committee’s report on why the GOP isn’t connecting with Millenial voters. But I decided to read the whole 95-page report instead of just gleaning some juicy tidbits about Republican cluelessness, so I’ll write about it later.
Here are some final items of the day:
* Oh boy: Michael Steele mulling race for governor of Maryland in 2014.
* Oh no!: Geraldo Rivera says Lautenberg death “effectively ends” his own putative Senate campaign in New Jersey, since Christie not likely to appoint him to seat.
* At TNR, Tim Wu chronicles the gradual hijacking of First Amendment protections by corporations.
* At Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell examines those allegedly scandalous IRS employee conferences.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports that Canadian universities are looking south for Americans fleeing tuition cost spiral.
And in non-political news:
* Viral video star Grumpy Cat gets a movie deal.
Couldn’t find any more Chuck Higgins videos to post, but since there’s a definite musical and psychic link between Higgins and Frank Zappa, let’s close the day with Zappa’s greatest doo-wop tune, “Go Cry On Somebody Else’s Shoulder.” It’s set to footage of Kim Jong-Il’s funeral in 2011, which seems strangely fitting.