It’s been a long day of monkey business here at PA. Here are some final, non-simian items:
* Senate HELP Committee approves ENDA by 15-7 margin, with 3 Republicans on board and no comments from opponents.
* TPM’s Brian Beutler takes pulse of immigration bill, adjudges it “in the defibrillation stage.”
* Q-poll shows big shift in public opinion against counterterrorism efforts as “going too far” in restricting civil liberties.
* At Ten Miles Square, John Sides summarizes the case for expecting political reporters to have political science training.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports that in-state tuitions at public universities rising more rapidly than out-of-state tuitions or private school tuitions.
And in non-political news:
* Key witness in Aaron Hernandez murder trial testifies eye-witness told him Hernandez was the shooter in death of Odin Lloyd.
Let’s close our Scopes Trial Commemoration with a vintage performance by Smoky Robinson and the Miracles of “Mickey’s Monkey,” which helped make The Monkey dance a sensation in 1963.