Guess I’d better wrap up blogging, though I’d prefer an evening shift to my impending dental appointment.
Here are some final items of the day:
* Ramesh Ponnuru argues it doesn’t take “Republican sabotage” to convince young people they don’t need health insurance.
* Ezra Klein refreshes our memories about the “Cadillac tax” provisions of Obamacare, and how it’s affecting unions now.
* Republican media consultant warns against another failed SuperPAC effort in 2014.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys argues that the death penalty is pretty much just a southern thing.
* At College Guide, Mark Bauerlein discusses the gerontocratic implications of a higher ed system offering faculty both tenure and the right to delay retirement indefinitely.
And in non-political news:
* Other shoe drops: A-Rod suspended until the end of the 2014 MLB season.
One more Taj Mahal performance to end the day: Taj performing “Further On Down the Road” with Jack Johnson in Hawaii in 2010.